Te Kōkako Earrings - Dusky Pink
Regular price $56.00
Te Kōkako is whanau to the saddleback and Huia. A beautiful songbird that has sadly declined in numbers.
- Named after their beautiful song, Kōkako is considered sacred by many Māori.
- In Māori myth, the kōkako filled its wattles with water and brought it to Maui as he fought the sun. Maui rewarded the bird by making its legs long and slender, enabling it to bound through the forest with ease.
- Te Kōkako is wearing a kakahu ribbonwood flora laced with a taniko border.
- Dusty Pink and pea green
- Medium to long in length 3-dimensional panel on sterling silver hooks.
- Comes in a beautiful presentation box